Thursday 26 May 2011

Syrup cookies


These are so simple but so yummy, perfect to make when you have retreated to the kitchen to hide from the kids, yes it has been one heck of a week here.....

Syrup Cookies

1tbsp golden syrup
3oz caster sugar
4oz butter
8oz self raising flour
0.5tsp bicarbonate of soda
2oz sultanas

Melt the syrup, butter and sugar in a pan (make sure it does not boil!).

Remove from the heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients.

Roll them in to balls then roll them in some more caster sugar.
 Bake for 10 ish mins at 180degC or until golden brown.
Oh how I love my stacking cooling racks!
Easy peasy!









1 comment:

  1. These do look yummy! I love that they are simple and easy to make too. I'll definitely be giving these a go! (I hope you don't mind if I pin it?)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.