Friday 13 October 2017

Waistcoat Curious



Waistcoat curious, that is how my husband described himself before his birthday (in August...). Now he is a waistcoat lover.

He is a man obsessed with Makita power tools and I knew he would expect something Makita related for his birthday so decided to surprise him with a waistcoat instead and hope he wouldn't be too disappointed!


I used the Kwik Sew pattern K3662 , Harris Tweed that I inherited from Mum and some old buttons.

I sewed it up in secret over a few days and evenings catching and hour here and there and it went together really nicely, I love sewing wool.


I cut out the pattern between the M and L (based on the measurements of his favourite shirt) and also lengthened the pattern. I actually don't think I could have got a better fit with him trying it on - I was amazed!


Now I have to pluck up the courage to make the jacket that I promised him 18 months ago...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.